Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Sad Story Turned Happy


A sad story turned happy:
Daniel's parents came up to watch our kids while we went to Seaside. Marcia brought up her really nice camera and was taking pictures all week, we made sure to take a lot of pictures on Jesse's blessing day. I was starting to download all the pictures she took and I didn't notice Eliza take the memory card. She brought it to me a few minutes later and I noticed that it was all wet. She had been chewing on it. All of the pictures were lost. I cried. But thanks to my Mom's advice and a dear friend, we took some pictures the next Sunday. Tears turned to smiles and laughter over the whole story.

9 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Beautiful family and pictures, no matter what date they were taken.

Eliza said...

I'm glad the story had a happy ending. You have such a beautiful family!

Amy said...

Oh that is SO sad!!! Did anyone else take any pictures??? I'm glad you got some new ones. But, oh! It hurts!

CK Black Family said...

Oh no! That's the worst! Curtis lost one of my memory cards once and it had Benjamin's first 2 months of LIFE on them - hurts big time! Glad you can look at the bright side of life!! You're great that way!

Marcia said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I'm glad you could so nicely reconstruct the moment. No one will ever remember that the memory-making was so "eventful." Well, maybe you will. . .

tharker said...

Thank goodness for good mothers and great friends! These are adorable!

Camille and Paul said...

Darling family!

Luke&Megz said...

The pictures are beautiful Brookie! I'm so sad you lost all those pictures, but glad you could do some retakes! Reminds me of my wedding day... Whether its the day of or not, those moments must be captured!

Lucie Gibbons said...

Sorry i haven't been on for a while. I hadn't seen these pics. SOOOO worth having the pics huh?! =-]

Such adorable grandchildren we have!!!

What an angel baby Jesse is to sleep thru the nite for his Mama. You also look SO pretty in that blue blouse. You know how I love you in that color - it matches you eyes!!! xoxo Mimi