Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day


I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I really know that I would and could not be happier being anything else but my children's mother. I love watching them grow. They are each so unique. Jesse loves to help me unload the dishwasher, every time he hears me open it he comes running to be my little assistant. Porter loves to do hard work outside with his dad. If there is a shovel or tool involved he's there and will stick with it until the end. Eliza is our little artist. She will imitate my stick drawings exactly and she could color for hours, which has become a very nice thing during sacrament meetings!

As I heard of a baby that passed away this morning and another friend giving birth to a baby boy almost at the same time, my heart was very grateful for the blessing it is to be a mother, to bring God's children here and be able to help them grow. Oh, but they are helping me grow soo much too! I looked at them a little different and was a little softer today, the way I want them to remember me being.

8 comments:

Kaye and Matthew Hough said...

Soooo sweet! You brought a tear to my eye. You are such a marvelous mommy and I just hope I can be half as patient and wonderful with mine. Baby Madison Mae should be here in the next week or so. We can't wait!

Chelsea said...

Life is precious isn't it? Thanks for thinking of my friend, and luckily we have the miracle of life that just keeps giving. Just in different ways!

Marcia said...

Ditto on the tears. Thanks for being such a great example to all of us!

Story Family said...

So sweet! Thank you for sharing. Because you did, I was more patient and soft with my kiddos today. And hopefully tomorrow, too!

Sarah said...

Amen sister! Adorable pictures of you and the kiddos! Meant to do that...but it never happened. :(

Liv said...

You and your children look simply gorgeous.

BreAnna said...

Brook thank you for this, you are such an inspiring mother, I hope to be more like you each day. Your children are so lucky to have their childhood safely tucked under your wings. Hope all is well.

Clegg Family said...

Darling kids. Darling mom. XOXO