Monday, December 8, 2008

6 months old and time for a haircut

Before
After
(Eliza got a trim too, I'll have to post pictures of that later.)

Eliza came into the family room in this get-up saying "Hey Dude". She loves to dress up and wear our shoes around the house. She has on Dad's Tiger Wood's hat and one of Mommy's boots. What class!

I wasn't going to start Porter on solids for another month or so, but he pouts big time when he sees us eating, so we fed him some oatmeal a few nights this week and he loved it.


Imagine you are going about 70 mph down the freeway after a day at work and you hear this loud pop noise and the next thing you see is glass flying everywhere. This is what happened to Daniel on Thursday. The window on the Driver's side for no obvious reason at all exploded. Nothing hit it, it wasn't abnormally cold. It is a mystery, but all fixed now and we are just grateful that Daniel wasn't hurt and was able to keep driving safely through the incident. Random!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is a cute haircut! Glad to hear that everything is okay with Dan. That would be so scary! (Love the new family pic, by the way!)

Amy said...

Weird! That is so bizarre! I think I would have freaked out!
LOVE the "hey dude"... that cracks me up! I love that girl!
Wow, Porter is growing up so fast! Real food and a haircut! So handsome!
p.s. I like your new family picture at the top of your blog.

Story Family said...

How scary! I mean Dan, not the haircut. Porter looks adorable. Those cheeks! And Eliza is a hoot!

CK Black Family said...

I could just give both your kids virtual cheek squeezes over the computer! cute, cute! Glad Daniel is okay and cute Christmas cards!

AOlson said...

Oh my goodness!! How scary about the window. I think I would have freaked out!!

BTW - How did your hair appointment go? Can't wait to see it!!

Luke and Megz said...

oh man brookie i can't believe about the car window! I'm glad Daniel's ok! Porter's haircut is so cute, did you do it yourself? Brock has a nice mullett in the back but i'm way too scared to cut it! I can't believe he's eating solids, where does time go? I'm glad he loves it though, how cute! Eliza is so stinkin funny I love that she loves to dress up! Just like her mommy a little performer! Your Christmas card is so cute, I can't wait to see you guys in 9 days!!! yay yay yay! ps. where's my weekly cuddle picture?!!!