Monday, October 20, 2008

Posts within a Post

I feel like my posts should be divided and organized into subject, but I do a week's worth at a time, so there are many a subject within the post. So enjoy the posts within the post for the week.
The Beautiful Place We Live:
We love this beautiful place we live! There is a Park about 8 minutes from our house that we have loved going to. It is right on the Columbia River and it just feels like the air is better there. The playgrounds are fantastic too. We adventured there on Friday before Dad got home.
Eliza had a blast with these chains.
She made it.
Porter loves being outside too!

Goodbye to a good pair of shoes!
I had to throw these away on Saturday as we were cleaning and putting away spring and summer stuff. These were Eliza's first walking shoes that we bought her. We went on many walks around the McKay Dee Hospital, the Beus Park Pond, and the duck pond by our old Apartment. She apparently wore them right out. I am sentimental so I had a hard time throwing them away!

"Raspberries"
We also planted a raspberry bush on Saturday. Our adopted grandma here, Sister Schoonover, already had some raspberry bushes and asked if we wanted one. We are planning on planting a garden here next spring so she came over and helped us plant it. Now I should probably read up on raspberry plants, and gardens! Any garden gurus out there with advice would be much appreciated!
Cuddle Pic of the Week
I think I'm addicted to cuddly pictures like this. Maybe it's because it is the only time Eliza will sit still for a picture.
The End
almost, Eliza loves to say "The End" when we are done reading books, sometimes we only get through the second page and she says it. I guess it is her way of saying moving on now mom. Now really The End.

8 comments:

Dixie Packer said...

i love that i now have a way to keep up on what you guys are up to, even if you are far away. can't wait to see you
love ya

Story Family said...

What a delightful week you've had! And there's nothing like Washington raspberries. I still remember eating the ones in our yard when we lived there. So great!

Sarah said...

Very cute! I am seeing more Gibbons in Porter than I did before! :) I'm glad you are doing this so we can stay updated!

Luke and Megz said...

yay I love that you update your blog so often, I haven't checked it in a few weeks apparently! Eliza is getting and taller and thinning out more(probably because she's running around everywhere now huh!) and Porter is so precious I can't get over how stinkin handsome he is. I love how cuddly your babies are it's so sweet. keep the pictures coming I love love love seeing them! love you guys!! xoxo

Porter said...

Your kids are so cute and I love the family picture. I am so glad that you sent me your blog address.

The Terry's said...

Brookie! Your family is too cute. You are such a good blogger. Thanks for your comment-- that would be so frustrating to go to the hospital just to have your contractions stop and be sent home! I don't know what my deal is. I have literally been having contractions all day every day since Friday! This is the hardest time of pregnancy for me! I wish I had some good advice to give you with your garden! If you hear anything good let me know!! haha. Are you guys going to be around for Christmas? If so, make sure to come to the big wood family christmas gathering so I can see you! I hope you guys are enjoying it there in Washington- what a beautiful place to live! Love ya!

Amy said...

Hi Brook! I have more raspberry plants if you want them, and strawberry plants too. Just let me know! Cute pictures!

tharker said...

Hey there Brook!

Mmmmm, raspberries!

Love the pictures of your sweet kids. Your family is so great!